Gum disease increases gum inflammation that can lead to stroke
Dentists have been suspecting it for years and now there is research to back it up. Gum disease can lead to an increased risk of stroke, and the longer you wait for treatment, the more damage can occur.
COMMON SIGNS OF STROKE:
- Loss of balance, dizziness, or difficulty walking.
- Slurred speech or difficulty pronouncing words or completing sentences.
- Face paralysis and drooping, especially on one side.
- Confusion or difficulty understanding, often for days before a stroke.
- Sudden severe headache, sometimes with bright flashes of light, nausea, and fainting. Migraine sufferers should be aware that stroke pain can mimic migraine.
- Arm weakness and difficulty raising hands above the head.
Call 911 immediately if you think that you or someone around you, is having a stroke. Prevention is always the best medicine, so call us for an exam and cleaning today. We can help keep your mouth its healthiest!