Put an end to jaw-related headaches
Many of us have the occasional mild headache which can be caused by anything from dehydration to loud noise. But if you have recurring or severe headaches, it’s important to identify and treat the cause. Did you know that 80% of all headaches are related to the way your jaws bite together and when they bite together?
Jaw related headaches affect at least twice as many women as men and are most common among those between the ages of 20 and 40. Here’s why…………
- STRESS can lead to teeth grinding or jaw clenching.
- MISALIGNMENT of teeth can cause uneven bite pressure.
- MUSCLE STRAIN can overtax jaw muscles and negatively affect the mechanics of biting and chewing.
- TRAUMA such as a heavy blow to the jaw, head, or neck can make optimal function impossible.
We can help you feel less pain and increase comfort by providing solutions to jaw-related headaches.
- REDUCE the pressure on your gums and ligaments due to grinding and clenching while sleeping.
- REPOSITION poorly aligned teeth to achieve a properly aligned bite with greatly reduced strain.
- PROTECT your teeth and mouth to reduce the risk and severity of sports-related injuries.
The first step to feeling better is to call us. We’ll identify or rule out any dental causes for your headaches and get you on the road to relief.